Are you a vaper who switches their current vape flavour as often as possible or have you found a tasty vape and stuck with it? No matter what type of vaper you are, it’s entirely possible that your current e-liquid isn’t best suited to what you want from your vaping journey. I’m going to discuss the main ingredients of e-liquid, the varied types of vape juice available and the type of vapour they produce. It might well direct you towards a new vape liquid that enables you to take your vaping enjoyment to new heights.
The Main Components in Vape Juice
Vaping is now a viable nicotine replacement therapy for those looking to give up smoking and it is essential to understand how the process works for the new vaper looking for the replication of the effects of smoking cigarettes. E-liquids consist of four main materials; they each have an impact on the type of vape produced, they are –
- Propylene Glycol – this is an organic food additive that is a superb carrier of flavour, also used in medicines it is a thinner liquid used in both industries for over 60 years.
- Vegetable Glycerin – is a clear liquid with a thicker consistency produced from plant oils such as coconut or soy, it is used in foods and cosmetics. E-liquids with a high VG content produce large clouds of vapour and a smooth vape.
- Nicotine – the nicotine in vape juice will be either the more traditional Freebase nicotine or the newer Nic salt, the more modern option produces an excellent smooth vape.
- Food Based Flavourings – these are the standard food industry flavours that give countless products their distinctive tastes.
In the vaping world we can use a specific e-liquid with differing PG or VG levels that are well suited to the type of vape we want, all the major vape juice manufacturers including Heisenberg e-liquid, Dinner Lady and Nasty produce these various types of e-liquid. Let’s take a look at these types of vape-juice now.
The Different E-Liquid Types
Most vapers will start with an e-liquid that has an even 50/50 PG/VG mix, it’s a great all-rounder that delivers an excellent even vape suitable for all, especially the newer vaper looking for the sensation of traditional tobacco smoking. There are two main pre-mixed e-liquids that lean towards a more specific way of vaping, which are –
- 70/30 – as it looks this e-liquid has a percentage mix of 70VG/30 PG, it is designed for use in sub-ohm vape machines that burn the thicker liquid at a lower resistance. The desired end product is a super smooth vape with enormous clouds of vapour.
- 80/20 – is its direct opposite, this is mixed to an 80PG/20VG formula and gives a vapour high in tasty flavour and delivers a throat hit suited to newer vaper, best used in starter devices, and vape pens.
The makeup of either of these different types of e-liquid may have given you food for thought, if flavour and a good throat hit is what you want then it’s 80/20 for you.
On the other hand, you may dream of being a cloud chaser, if that’s the case then 70/30 is the e-liquid you might want to try along with a sub-ohm coil vaping device.